Thursday 25 August 2016

Herbal Hair Rinses by Luba Fenwick

To support our KICK STARTER project please click on the link below:


 You can buy our products on our online ETSY shop:

Herbal Hair Rinse:

Herbal Hair Rinse - the origins  

Many years ago, I had met a herbal apothecary who changed the way I look at beauty products.
I was a young architect then and he was one of my clients. I mentioned, in passing, that I was so busy and stressed, that my hair was falling out. He said that he could help, but warned me that it would involve a great deal of hard work.
I was then introduced to the world of medicinal herbs. With the help of the apothecary, I began studying the plants and herbs, I was taught about the properties of each plant, and the synergies created in herbal mixes. I was even harvesting them in the forests myself and every cupboard in my flat was full of dried herbs.
On apothecary's recommendation, I started using the herbal hair rinse every time I washed my hair. He warned me that I was not going to see instant results, but if I stuck to the regime, I would achieve thicker, healthier hair. I followed his advice religiously and after about a year I could not believe what a difference that simple routine had made.
All my friends and colleagues started commenting on how beautiful and healthy my hair looked. They all wanted to know my secret, which I readily shared. I have introduced many people to the power of herbs and I want to share my wisdom and continue my mission to help people achieve healthy, shiny locks.


This is me many years ago, harvesting the herbs!
This is me many years ago, harvesting the herbs!

The power of herbs

Herbs are known to have the following healing properties, when used as hair rinse:
  • boosting circulation  
  • cleansing the scalp  
  • conditioning and strengthening hair  
  • helping to repair scalp disorders, such as dandruff, itchy or flaky scalp  
  • adding shine, softening hair and enhancing natural highlights  
and many more!

My solution

I create ready-to-use, low-cost herbal mixes, suitable for all hair types, to make this remedy available to everyone. The product is packaged in re-sealable, easy to store pouches. I mix and package the herbs myself, as the quality of the product is paramount to me.

Herbal Hair Rinse Mix for all different types of hair (150g - 3 pouches)



Herbal Hair Rinse Mix for all types of hair contains:
  • Burdock Root
  • Chamomile Flowers
  • Lavender
  • Coltsfoot Leaves
Herbal mix for dry & damaged hair contains:
  • Nettle
  • Coltsfoot Leaves
  • Chamomile Flowers
  • Mint
Herbal mix for oily hair contains:
  • Nettle
  • Bay Leaves
  • Marigold Flower (calendula)
  • Mint
  • Coltsfoot Leaves





 Herbal Hair Rinse Mix for all types of hair (150g - 3 pouches)




Bag A:
  • Burdock Root
  • Chamomile Flowers
  • Lavender
  • Coltsfoot Leaves
Bag B:
  • Burdock Root
  • Coltsfoot Leaves
  • Chamomile Flowers
  • Mint Rosemary
  • Marigold Flower (calendula)
  • Bay Leaves
Bag C:
  • Bay Leaves
  • Marigold Flower (calendula)
  • Mint 
  • Coltsfoot Leaves
  • Lavender
  • Nettle

Herbal Hair Rinse Blend for oily hair,  Net weight: 50 g (1.76 oz), 1 Bag


  • Nettle
  • Bay Leaves
  • Marigold Flower (calendula)
  •  Mint
  • Coltsfoot Leaves

Herbal Hair Rinse Blend for dry & damaged hair, Net weight: 50 g (1.76 oz) 1 Bag


Herbal mix for dry & damaged hair contains:
  • Nettle
  • Coltsfoot Leaves
  • Chamomile Flowers
  • Mint

Herbal Hair Rinse Blend for all types of hair, Net weight: 50 g (1.76 oz) 1 Bag


Herbal Hair Rinse Mix for all & normal types of hair contains:
  • Burdock Root
  • Chamomile Flowers
  • Lavender
  • Coltsfoot Leaves
How to use herbal hair rinses
The directions are very simple, but you must do the routine consistently in order to see results.
Pour 1 litre of boiling water over 2 heaped tablespoons of the herbal hair rinse blend. Simmer on low heat for 15 minutes. Steep for at least 12 hours (leave overnight). Strain and pour slowly over wet hair after shampooing & conditioning, massaging the tea into your hair and scalp. Place a plastic basin or a large bowl under your head to catch the herbal rinse and reapply several times. Do not rinse. For best results, also massage the tea into your scalp every night between washes.
Caution:
External use only! You must perform patch test by dabbing a small amount of the tea either behind the ear or on the inner elbow, leave to dry, and leave uncovered for 48hrs. If any irritation, rash or unwellness occurs then do not use the product (and wash it off your skin immediately) May contain traces of cereals (including gluten), nuts (including peanuts), soya & sesame.
Available types of hair rinse mixes (more to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment